Get restaurant worthy wings right at home with this chicken wing recipe. These buffalo wings are coated with special ingredients and baked in the oven to create the ultimate crispy wing, then generously coated with a homemade buffalo sauce for a fiery and flavorful kick.
Buffalo wings that are everything you would expect to find at your favorite wing restaurant – crispy, juicy, and packed with flavor – but are easy enough to make at home in your oven.
Since these baked buffalo wings are cooked in the oven, you don’t have to worry about rancid oils or a splatter oil mess to clean up from frying. Yet, you can still get that chicken fried crispiness in the oven by sprinkling the party wings with a magical mix of baking powder, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. The salt and baking powder work to seal in the moisture from the juicy chicken while drying out the skin to create that desired crunchy texture you want.
Don’t want to use your oven? Air fry these buffalo wings in your air fryer for even crispier wings!
While the party wings are getting nice and crispy in the oven, whip up a tangy buffalo sauce using Franks Red Hot or your favorite hot sauce, melted butter, minced garlic, vinegar, and salt. Toss the finished crispy wings in the homemade buffalo sauce. The flavorful sauce is not only simple to make but it contains clean ingredients compared to bottled buffalo sauce, so go ahead an use it to make other buffalo flavored favorites like buffalo chicken dip or buffalo cauliflower.
- How to make buffalo wings
- Recipe Details
- Similar recipes others love
- How to make buffalo sauce
- Whole chicken wings vs party wings
- Tips for crispy buffalo wings
- Boneless buffalo wings
- Storage information
- Nutrition information: facts & macronutrients
How to make buffalo wings
Here’s a quick run down on how to make buffalo wings in the oven:
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel – dry chicken skin = crispy chicken skin.
- Mix crunchy chicken coating – baking powder, salt, garlic powder and pepper – and toss with wings to even coat.
- Bake the party chicken wings in the oven at 450°F for 28-35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Make homemade buffalo sauce by combining hot sauce, melted butter, vinegar and salt.
- Pour buffalo sauce all over baked, crispy wings and toss or stir with tongs to coat.
Serve with celery sticks and a side of blue cheese dressing or ranch. Enjoy the crispy, juicy, and flavorful buffalo wings that will surely impress!
Buffalo Wings Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Buffalo Wings Ingredients
Buffalo Wings Directions
Prepare wings & preheat oven
Preheat the oven to 450 °F. Pat wings dry with a paper towel and add wings to a large bowl.
- 2 ½ pounds party chicken wings (drumettes & wingettes)
Crispy chicken coating
In a small bowl, combine baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Toss and coat
Sprinkle about of the baking powder mixture on the wings and toss. Sprinkle remaining and toss again until evenly coated.
Bake the party wings
Cover a baking tray with foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray rack with cooking spray. Evenly space wings on top of the wire rack. Bake at 450°F for 28-35 minutes or until cooked through and crispy outside. Flip wings halfway through cooking.
Homemade buffalo sauce
Meanwhile, combine Franks Red Hot sauce, melted butter, minced garlic, vinegar and remaining salt in a large bowl.
- ⅓ cup Franks Red Hot
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
Sauce the wings
Once the wings are done baking and are cooked through, add to wings to the sauce bowl and stir to coat. Garnish with parsley or blue cheese crumbled. Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing.