Garlic Parmesan Wings
Cheesy, crispy wings to eat with your fingers
Indulge in these irresistibly crispy and juicy Garlic Parmesan Wings. Boasting with the perfect mix of cheese and garlicky flavor, these party wings are easily prepared in an air-fryer or oven making them a welcome choice for any occasion.
For a unique twist on the classic party wing, garlic parmesan wings are the perfect combination of crispy, juicy flavor. With flavors reminiscent from the restaurant known for its wild combination of wings, get that Buffalo Wild Wings taste you can make in your own kitchen!
Each wingette and drumette are tossed with a mixture of baking powder, salt, garlic powder and black pepper, which not only enhances their taste but also creates that perfect crispy texture. While salt helps to draw the moisture out of the chicken skin, the baking powder helps to brown and crisp the skin as they bake.
To transform these party wings out of their birthday suit and into their savory party attire, a rich garlic butter sauce is brushed all over. The sauce is made with freshly minced garlic, melted butter, grated parmesan cheese, and a touch of salt.
When it comes to preparation, this recipe is incredibly user-friendly, offering both air-fryer and oven-baking options. It’s easy to achieve an even crispiness that rivals deep-fried wings when using an air fryer. But you can get that same crispy, crunchy texture with oven baked wings by using a wire rack placed over a baking tray. The method of brushing the wings with the buttery garlic mixture partway through the cooking process guarantees maximum flavor absorption while still maintaining the desired crispiness. This way your garlic parmesan wings won’t get soggy which can happen if you simply add all the sauce after baking.
Whether it’s game night, your hosting a casual get together or you just need a simple meal your family will love, these wings with garlic parmesan sauce will be a hit!
- How to make garlic parmesan wings
- Recipe Details
- Similar recipes others love
- Types of party wings
- How to get crispy chicken wings
- Dipping sauces
- Can I bake chicken wings from frozen?
- Storage information
- Nutrition information: facts & macronutrients
How to make garlic parmesan wings
- Coat the wings in a mixture of baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Remember to pat dry the wings first – moisture is not your friend when it comes to crispy chicken skin.
- Bake them on a wire rack at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Prepare a buttery garlic mixture with minced garlic, melted butter, parmesan cheese, and salt while the chicken wings are baking or air frying.
- Brush the wings with the garlic mixture, flip, and bake for another 10-12 minutes until crispy.
- Toss the cooked wings in the remaining garlic butter mixture. For extra crispy wings, pop the baking sheet under the broiler and broil on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly minced parsley and more grated parmesan if desired.
Garlic Parmesan Wings Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Garlic Parmesan Wings Ingredients
Garlic Parmesan Wings Directions
Prepare wings & preheat oven
Preheat oven to 450 °F. Pat wings dry with a paper towel. Then transfer wings to a large bowl. Set aside.
- 2 ½ pounds party chicken wings (wingettes & drumettes)
Mix special ingredients for a crispy, crunchy wing
In a small bowl, combine baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Toss the wings
Sprinkle about of the baking powder mixture on the wings and toss or stir. Sprinkle remaining and toss again until evenly coated.
Cover a baking tray with foil and place a wire rack on top of the baking sheet. Spray rack with cooking spray in order to keep the skin of the wings from sticking to the rack. Evenly space wings on top of the wire rack. Bake at 450 °F for 15 minutes.
Prepare garlic parmesan sauce
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine minced garlic with melted butter, parmesan cheese and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of mixture for the final toss.
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
Add flavor and bake again
Remove tray from the oven. Brush the tops of the wings with butter garlic mixture. Flip wings over (so the other side will get crispy) and brush with garlic butter mixture all over each wing. Return to the oven to bake for another 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
Remove from oven. Transfer wings to a large bowl. Pour on reserved garlic butter mixture and toss. Sprinkle with minced parsley and dust with extra parmesan if desired.
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
Air fryer instructions
Preheat the air fryer to 400 ºF, when hot add a single layer of evenly spaced wings coated with baking powder mixture (making sure wings are not touching to allow for even air circulation). Bake for 16-22 minutes depending on their size, flipping the wings around the halfway mark and brushing with first coating of garlic parmesan mixture. After air frying, toss with remaining buttery garlic parm mixture.