Keto Fat Head Pizza Crust
Keto Fat Head Pizza Crust Ingredients
Keto Fat Head Pizza Crust Directions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place mozzarella in a microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave for about two minutes. Stir to combine and make sure all of the cheese is melted. You may need to microwave for additional time if all the cheese has not melted. (If you are doubling or tripling this recipe, make sure you double or add on additional microwave time to ensure proper cheese melting.) Remove from microwave and let the mixture cool.
- In a large separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and seasonings, if using. Set aside.
- Add in your egg to the melted mozzarella cheese. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add the almond flour mixture to the cheese mixture Using an electric mixer or food processor, stir until you have a uniform dough. Don’t be surprised if dough goes flying if you are using the mixer! This can happen, but this is an easy way to combine the mixtures in order to make the best fat head dough. If you don’t have an electric mixer or food processor, I recommend kneading the dough by hand until it comes together. This is a messy and time-consuming process, but the end result is the same - fat head pizza.
- Once combined, form a big dough ball. Knead the dough a couple of times on a lightly almond floured surface to ensure the dough is uniform in appearance and all ingredients are fully combined.
- Place the ball in between two pieces of parchment paper. You can also just use a silpat mat if you have one of those, but having that top layer of parchment paper keeps the dough from sticking to you and your rolling pin. Plus it allows you to roll out a nice thin pizza crust.
- Roll out dough to desired thickness. Remove top parchment layer and place on top of a baking sheet.
- Add toppings.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbling.