Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
All of the flavors of a loaded baked potato in a casserole using cauliflower
Classic comfort food made without potatoes, this loaded cauliflower casserole is “loaded” with savory, cheesy flavor and is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Just add this cauliflower dish to your current favorites like Mashed Cauliflower and Cauliflower Gratin. Cauliflower makes the perfect substitute for potatoes in these keto recipes, with less than a quarter of the calories and carbs that potatoes have, but all of the flavor and nutrition!
As the weather cools down, my craving for classic comfort foods ramps up. Cold weather season means biscuits and gravy for Sunday breakfast, homemade soup in a bread bowl for lunch, and chicken pot pie for dinner– all keto, of course! You’ll want to add this cauliflower casserole to your comfort food lineup this season.
Like a loaded baked potato, this casserole is packed with rich cheesy flavor, smoky bacon, and fresh green onions, but without all the carbs. Everything comes together quickly with less than 10 minutes of hands-on time, perfect for an easy holiday side dish to serve along with your Thanksgiving or Christmas spread. It’s so filling, you can even enjoy it as an easy weeknight dinner!
How to make loaded cauliflower casserole
- Roast cauliflower with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder at 425 degrees until fork tender.
- Make the “loaded” filling: Combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, and shredded cheese in a medium bowl.
- Spread cheese mixture on top of the roasted cauliflower. Bake until cheese is melted.
- Top with crumbled bacon and sliced green onions.
- Cauliflower – Use a head of cauliflower, broken up into small to medium-sized florets, or a 24-ounce bag of frozen cauliflower. If using frozen, steam and press all the moisture out of the cauliflower before roasting.
- Shredded Cheese – Cheddar cheese helps this taste more like a traditional “loaded” baked potato dish, but feel free to switch it up and use Colby, Monterrey Jack, Pepperjack, or Swiss if you prefer.
- Butter -Melted butter is poured over the cauliflower before sprinkling the seasoning and roasting. Bacon grease is even better if you have it.
- Cream cheese – Use block cream cheese for a creamy, rich base for this casserole.
- Heavy cream – If you want to save on fat and calories, feel free to substitute non-dairy milk (like a nut milk) for heavy cream. Unflavored and unsweetened almond milk is a good choice.
- Sour cream – Adds a tangy flavor and creamy texture. You can substitute with plain greek yogurt if needed.
- Bacon – Cook and crumble the bacon to sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Green onion – Sliced green onions are the perfect fresh topping for this loaded casserole.
- Seasonings – Garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt are used to flavor the cauliflower before roasting.
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Ingredients
- 24 oz cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add cauliflower florets to an 8x8 square baking dish. Toss in melted butter, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Roast at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Cauliflower florets
- Butter (melted)
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
Load it with flavor
In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients - heavy cream, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, cream cheese and green onion - and spread on top of roasted cauliflower.
- Heavy cream
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Bacon (cooked & crumbled)
- Cream cheese (softened)
- Green onion (sliced)
Return to oven and continue baking for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Absolutely delicious recipe! Hardest part is to eat only one serving!!
This was so yummy. My hubby loved it. It has all the flavors of a heavily loaded potato. I added sliced fried beef kiebasa and omitted the bacon. Next time I will use the bacon and have this with a steak. Cant wait!!
Love this! Thank you!
I’ve made this once and it was absolutely delicious. I am planning on making it again for Thanksgiving. I believe I’m going to omit the bacon and add sausage. Thank you so much for letting us know your recipes. I’m definitely buying a cookbook if you print one!