Keto Biscuits and Gravy
Keto Biscuits Ingredients
Sausage Gravy Ingredients
Keto Biscuits and Gravy Directions
- Start by making the biscuits. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Grate frozen butter into the bowl of dry ingredients using a cheese grater. Gently stir in grated butter. Do not overmix. It make cause your butter to soften or melt, which will not yield a flaky biscuit.
- Stir in the whipping cream and sour cream. Combine until just incorporated.
- Gently shape the dough into a rectangle that is 1 inch tall on top a piece of parchment paper.
- Folding hamburger style, fold one half of the dough onto itself. Again, press into a rectangle shape that is 1 inch tall. Continue to fold and mold into a rectangle shape four more times. This will create flaky layers in the keto biscuit.
- Cut the biscuits into six squares using a knife. Brush each biscuit on the top and sides with melted butter. Place each biscuit on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let sit on the baking tray for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Using a spatula, gently transfer each biscuit to a wire rack to finish cooling. These biscuits will be very deliciate when they first come out of the oven, but will firm up once they cool. For a firmer biscuit, let sit overnight.
- Meanwhile, while the biscuits are cooking and cooling, start the sausage gravy. Melt butter in a large preheated skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Use a wooden spatula or spoon to break up the meat into smaller chunks.
- Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Stir in the xanthan gum and cooking until absorbed completely, about 30 seconds. Gradually, whisk in the heavy cream. Mixture should start to thicken. Then whisk in broth. While whisking, let simmer until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and lots of black pepper.
- Assemble by placing a biscuit on a plate or shallow bowl. Pour gravy over the top. Enjoy.