Keto Spinach Artichoke Pinwheels
Creamy, cheese spinach artichoke dip wrapped in a fluffy low carb pastry dough come together in this craveable bite. These keto spinach artichoke pinwheels are perfect for any occasion.
A fun and flavorful twist on the classic dip, these savory keto pinwheels are loaded with a rich and creamy spinach artichoke filling, wrapped in flaky keto pastry dough, and baked to golden perfection. Serve these buns warm as the perfect appetizer for any gathering, and it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
For comfort food that really stands out, these keto pinwheels combine creamy, tangy flavors of tender spinach and marinated artichoke hearts melted in a blend of three cheeses – cream cheese, white cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese. The spread is rolled up in a simple fathead dough and sliced ‘cinnamon roll style‘ before baking until golden.
Although these low carb buns are usually served at potlucks or gatherings as an appetizer, they would make an ideal finger food for a brunch or breakfast!
- How to make keto pinwheels
- Recipe Details
- Similar recipes others love
- Options for pastry dough
- Cheese substitutions
- Storage information & make ahead tips
- Nutrition information: facts & macronutrients
How to make keto pinwheels
- Make fathead dough – Combine melted mozzarella cheese and egg with almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, onion powder and salt. Use a food processor to combine until a dough ball forms.
- Roll out keto dough into a flat sheet – Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough into a large rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Make spinach artichoke dip – Combine softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper with chopped artichoke hearts, thawed & drained frozen spinach, shredded white cheddar cheese and grated parmesan cheese.
- Spread & roll – Evenly spread the dip all over the top of the sheet of pastry dough. Then roll and slice into 1 inch buns.
- Bake until golden brown in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 35-40 minutes.
Keto Pinwheels Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Spinach Artichoke Spread Ingredients
Keto Pastry Dough Ingredients
Keto Spinach Artichoke Pinwheels Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
Prepare spinach and artichokes
Place thawed spinach in a strainer or colander. Using a paper towel, press the excess liquid through the strainer until the majority of the liquid is removed from the spinach. Drain marinated artichoke hearts. Cut into small pieces, then press excess moisture out of the chopped artichokes using a paper towel.
- 1 (10 oz) carton frozen spinach
- 1 (12 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts
Spinach artichoke dip
In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper using an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in spinach, artichokes, shredded cheddar and Parmesan cheese until combined. Set aside.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 oz sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Melt mozzarella cheese
To a small, microwave safe bowl, add shredded cheese. Microwave at 60 second intervals, stirring in between, until cheese is completely melted. T
- 10 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
Savory keto pastry dough
To a food processor, add almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, onion powder and salt. Pulse until combined. Add melted mozzarella cheese and egg. Start the food processor and run until a dough ball forms and the cheese and ingredients are fully combined.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Roll out dough
Place keto dough in between two sheets of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll into a rectangle shape about 8-9 inches x 11-12 inches and to 1/4 inch thickness. Remove the top layer of parchment paper.
Spread artichoke spinach mixture over top of dough covering the entire surface.
Roll and slice
Starting with one short side, roll into a large 11-12 inch long log. Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into about 9 slices about 3/4 - 1 inch slices.
Arrange side by side in prepared baking dish. Generously brush the tops of the buns with melted butter. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown all over and the center rolls appear to be cooked through. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted