Grilled bacon is a delicious dish for breakfast or snack cooked on a hot grill. Whether you're camping or just like that added smokiness of cooking over a charcoal grill, this is the perfect option for you.
The best way to get perfectly grilled bacon is to use indirect heat so that the bacon has time to absorb the flavors of the grill. Sprinkle on some fresh cracked black pepper or make it a treat and cook candied bacon by adding maple syrup.
This will be one of your favorite ways to cook bacon. Don’t forget to save any leftover bacon fat to use to fry your pancakes and eggs too or make bacon mayo!
How to cook bacon on the grill
Grilling bacon is different from sautéing it in a cast iron skillet on the stove. When you cook bacon on the grill, it’s best to use indirect heat, so it doesn’t burn, and the smoky flavors of the wood or charcoal have time to give the bacon more flavor.
- Heat one side of the grill.
- Brush the grill grates clean and spray or rub a light coating of vegetable oil on top.
- Place the bacon strips across the grates away from the grill fire. Turn the burners to medium-low and cook until done to your desired crispiness.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning, flip as needed to control cooking.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to soak up excess grease and cover with aluminum foil until you’re ready to serve.
Best bacon for grilling
You can buy a couple of different types of bacon at the grocery store so knowing which one is best for grilling will ensure you get the best-tasting dish.
- If you’re using indirect heat, you can use center-cut bacon, regular, or thick sliced strips of bacon. Any of these options will work well when the heat isn’t directly on the bacon.
- When using direct heat, the best cut of bacon to use is thick cut. It holds up better to this high heat, ensures you can easily flip it over, and that it doesn’t stick to the grill.
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Grilled Bacon Ingredients
Grilled Bacon Directions
Preheat grill to medium-high heat (about 325°F) using one side of the grill burners. Brush cleaned grill grates with a light coating of oil.
Place the bacon strips across the grates away from the direct heat source. Turn burners to medium-low and cook until done to your desired crispiness. Watch carefully to prevent burning, flip as needed to control cooking.