These mini frittatas are an easy breakfast that can be prepped ahead of time and eaten on the go. They're the perfect option for when you're running late to work or sending your kids out the door to school. The best part is that you can customize them with your favorite ingredients to make them exactly as you like.
Mini frittatas are great for a nutritious breakfast on busy mornings. They are similar to my ham frittata but smaller and portable! Like egg cups, they make the ideal option for the on-the-go lifestyle.
You can easily make these frittatas vegetarian by leaving out the crumbled bacon and packing them with fresh veggies. Top them with a splash of hot sauce, a dollop of sour cream, or freshly cracked black pepper.
Or for the carnivore in your life, omit the veggies and just use bacon or sausage!
These egg muffin cups are healthy and delicious when served with fresh fruit. Trade out the standard muffin pans for mini muffin tins for an even smaller and more poppable breakfast. Try making breakfast for dinner too!
How to make mini frittatas
This frittata recipe is easy to whip together and serve. Here are the directions to make them:
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and preheat the oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, and salt. Stir in crumbled bacon, parmesan cheese, spinach, and parsley. This is basically a one pot recipe, two if you could the muffin pan.
- Pour into a prepared muffin tin to the top. Bake until eggs are puffy and each is set in the center (about 10 minutes).
Loosen and serve.
Key ingredients & swaps
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this quick breakfast.
- Eggs: Fresh whole eggs are best because they’re the star of the dish. You can try using all egg whites if you are watching your fat intake.
- Heavy cream or nut milk: Heavy cream makes this dish richer; however, nut milk can be used if you are dairy free.
- Kosher salt: A sprinkle of kosher salt goes a long way with eggs.
- Bacon: Cook the bacon and chop it into pieces before adding it to the muffin cups for the best texture.
- Parmesan cheese: You can use pre-shredded cheese or grate your own parmesan.
- Baby spinach: Fresh spinach adds color, vitamins, and texture to this dish. It’s a great way to add a little extra vegetables to this recipe.
- Parsley: Chopped flat-leaf parsley adds color and flavor.
Mini Frittatas Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Mini Frittatas Ingredients
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or nut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cup chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Mini Frittatas Directions
Prepare muffin tin
Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat well to prevent sticking.
Whip eggs with ingredients
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, heavy cream and salt. Stir in crumbled bacon, parmesan cheese, spinach and parsley.
Pour and bake
Pour egg mixture into prepared muffin tin. If using a regular muffin tin, pour half way up each muffin cup cavity. If using a mini muffin pan, pour to the top. Bake until eggs are puffy and each is set in the center (about 10 minutes).
Could the frittatas be baked in foil cupcake liners?
I haven’t tried it but if foil liners keep the ingredients from sticking to the liner then yes
I would do that for sure. I greased my mini muffin tin, which has a dark, nonstick finish, but they stuck really hard and a pain to wash. They were very good though.Next time I’ll actually use the heavy cream instead of macadamia nut milk.