Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Buns Ingredients
Buttered Icing Ingredients
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
Keto Cinnamon Rolls Directions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine almond flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, xanthan gum, cardamom and salt to a medium bowl. Mix until combined.
- Mix in 1/2 cup melted butter, sour cream and hot water.
- Place dough in between two sheets of parchment paper and press and roll into a rectangle shape about 1/4 inch thick using a rolling pin.
- In a small bowl, golden sweetener, cinnamon, ground nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
- Using a pastry brush or the back of a spoon, spread 2 tablespoons melted butter onto the top of the rectangle of dough. Sprinkle cinnamon sweetener mixture on top the butter.
- Starting at the long end of the rectangle dough, tightly roll up the dough over the filling. Cut the dough crosswise into even slices (about 1 inch thick). Arrange sliced cinnamon rolls onto a parchment lined baking tray or dish. If dough is sticky and too soft to cut, refrigerate the dough for 30-60 minutes before slicing.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 16 to 20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown on top.
- To make the buttered keto icing, combine butter, powdered erythritol and vanilla in a small bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds if mixture is too thick. Drizzle over baked cinnamon rolls.
- To make the keto cream cheese frosting, beat together cream cheese, butter and powdered erythritol in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Spread on top of cool cinnamon rolls.