Here's an easy keto oatmeal recipe to start your day off right! Packed with over 20 g of protein and plenty healthy fats. This hot cereal is naturally nut-free and not made with keto flours or flax seed!
A bowl of hot “oats” is no longer off limit on a keto or low carb lifestyle. Adding to the growing list of approved keto cereals, like granola or baked oats, this keto oatmeal recipe has a similar flavor and texture to your favorite bowl of hot cereal WITHOUT using oats, almond flour, nuts, coconut flour, hemp seeds or flaxmeal. And, we simply aren’t making a glorified bowl of hot chia pudding either.
Instead this protein packed oatmeal recipe, uses cauliflower rice, egg and a small amount of crushed chia seeds to get a similar consistency to actual oatmeal. Combining these ingredients with your favorite dairy free milk – like coconut milk, hemp milk or macadamia nut milk (not nut free), protein powder, cinnamon, salt and stevia gives this bowl of keto porridge a welcomed resemblance to old fashioned oatmeal.
Not only are these low carb “oats” quick and easy to make, you can meal prep them, customize them with various toppings, and this recipe will keep you full with lots of energy throughout your morning. Omitting the foods that are known to cause inflammation like nuts, almond flour, and foods higher in omega-6 fatty acids (hemp seeds and flaxseed meal), you can feel light and bloat-free with this bowl of hot oatmeal! So grab a cup of coffee and let’s make breakfast!
- How to make keto oatmeal
- Recipe Details
- Similar recipes others love
- Is oatmeal keto friendly?
- What can I substitute for oatmeal on keto diet
- Flavor variations
- 💪 Power up noatmeal
- How to sweeten low carb oatmeal
- Milk options for keto cereal
- Storage information & meal prep instructions
- Nutrition information: facts & macronutrients
How to make keto oatmeal
This keto oatmeal recipe (AKA noatmeal) can be made in minutes!
- Crush chia seeds by grinding using a mortar & pestle or a coffee grinder.
- Add cauliflower rice, crushed chia seeds and nut milk to a small saucepan. Heat to simmer.
- Reduce to low, stir in beaten egg and cook for 5-8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Add protein powder, stevia and topping if desired.
Keto Oatmeal Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Keto Oatmeal Ingredients
Keto Oatmeal Directions
Crush chia seeds
Crush chia seeds by grinding using a mortar & pestle or a coffee grinder.
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
Cook "oat"meal ingredients
Add frozen cauliflower rice to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the moisture is evaporated. Then add crushed chia seeds and milk of choice. Heat to a simmer over medium heat. Then reduce to low heat. Slowly stir in the beaten egg and cook for 5-8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3/4 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk of choice (coconut milk, hemp milk, macadamia nut milk)
- 1 egg, beaten
Stir in add-in's
Stir in remaining ingredients. Add stevia to taste.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- stevia to taste