Spicy Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs with a kick!
Deviled eggs are always invited to a party! To bring some heat to your gathering, add jalapeno, hot sauce and cayenne pepper to make spicy deviled eggs.
1 deviled egg
These spicy deviled eggs will make any party lit. Like my recipe for fried deviled eggs and pesto deviled eggs, this version of a deviled egg adds a twist on the classic and keeps your food interesting at potlucks, parties and other gatherings.
The creamy filling has a kick to it with finely chopped jalapeno peppers, hot sauce and a dash of cayenne pepper. While crispy bacon, garlic, cream cheese and mustard help to balance out the heat of these jalapeno deviled eggs.
Most deviled egg recipes aren’t highly seasoned. The classic versions have a dash of Tabasco sauce or a sprinkle of paprika, but that hardly adds a zip to these hard boiled eggs. For true deviled eggs, you must add more heat and make them spicy!!
How to make spicy deviled eggs
- Make hard boiled eggs. Use any method to make hard boiled eggs – stove top, Instant Pot, Air Fryer.
- Peel the egg shell from the eggs. Slice in half and separate the yolk from the whites.
- Cook chopped bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- Sauté diced jalapeno and garlic to develop the flavor. Removing the bacon from the jalapeno and bacon helps “separate” the flavor and keep the spice off the “salty” aspect of the recipe.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling – egg yolks, jalapeno mixture, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, cayenne and salt.
- Add filling to the center of each egg white half.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
Key ingredients & substitutions
- Eggs – Can use any size of egg – small to large. Eggs from organic, pasture-raised chickens tend to have more flavor.
- Bacon – Adds delicious flavor and a hint of crunch to your spicy deviled eggs.
- Jalapenos – An easy way to add heat to any dish, jalapenos are readily available to most stores; however, experiment with different kinds of chili peppers (habanero, serrano, poblano peppers)
- Cream cheese & mayo – Help to add creaminess to the deviled egg. For a healthy mayonnaise, try using avocado mayo made with avocado oil instead of vegetables oil. Cream cheese can be omitted and more mayonnaise added for a dairy-free deviled egg.
- Hot sauce – Add your favorite hot sauce – Tabasco, Franks Red Hot, Cholula, Sriracha sauce
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Spicy Deviled Eggs Ingredients
Spicy Deviled Eggs Directions
Make hard boiled eggs
Fill the large pot with about 1-2 inches of water (just enough to steam the eggs). Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, place the eggs in the water or place eggs in a steam basket into the water. Cover and lower the temperature to a gentle simmer. Let eggs cook for 11 minutes.
- 6 eggs
Ice water bath
Remove the eggs from the water. Immediately, shock the eggs in an ice bath. Let them cool completely before peeling.
Peel and prep the eggs
Peel shells of eggs. Slice egg in half lengthwise and remove the yolks from the whites. Place egg yolks in a medium bowl or food processor.
Crisp the bacon
In a small skillet, cook the diced bacon over medium heat until crispy and cooked through. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel lined bowl. Leave bacon grease in the skillet.
- 3 slices of bacon, finely chopped
Add the jalapeno to the pan and sauté for 1 minute. Add minced garlic and cook for an additional minute. Remove the jalapeno and garlic with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium low speed to mix together the yolks, jalapeno mixture, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, cayenne and salt. DO NOT add bacon. Mix until fully incorporated.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Pipe yolk filling
Use a piping bag, or spoon to fill each egg white half with filling. Top with crumbled bacon. Serve warm or chilled.