Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
This Philly Cheesesteak Casserole has all the flavors of a favorite melted beef and cheese sandwich but in an easy one-pot skillet meal, ready in 30 minutes!
How do you take the classic flavors of a Philly cheesesteak and make it even more convenient? Make it into a casserole! This recipe is extremely simple to whip together on a busy weeknight and can even be made ahead as a freezer meal.
You’ll still get the beefy flavors with sautéed peppers and onions, along with melted gooey cheese, but you can skip the bun and just make everything in one pot. Not only will you save money and time using ground beef instead of shaved ribeye, but with three different kinds of cheese, you’ll savor every delicious creamy bite!
- How to make Philly cheesesteak casserole
- Recipe Details
- Similar recipes others love
- What cut of beef should I use?
- Best cheese for philly cheesesteak casserole
- Vegetables in a good Philly Cheesesteak
- Storage information & meal prep instructions
- Nutrition information: facts & macronutrients
How to make Philly cheesesteak casserole
- Cook ground beef in a medium skillet until browned. Then add seasoning – salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add sliced bell peppers and onions and cook until softened.
- Stir in cream cheese.
- Time for more cheese. Transfer to a casserole dish (or keep in the same skillet if oven proof), draining off any excess liquid. Cover the top of the casserole with sliced provolone cheese. Sprinkle on shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle chopped parsley & red pepper flakes on top.
Pro Tip: If the skillet seems crowded when the vegetables are added, cover the skillet while they cook.
What to serve with Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
While this casserole can be a meal by itself, try these serving ideas:
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Ingredients
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook & season beef
Add ground beef to a large skillet heated to medium-high heat. Crumble and cook the ground beef until almost browned. Add salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, red pepper flakes (if using) and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine and continue to cook until ground beef is browned.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
A good Philly has veggies
Add sliced bell peppers and onions. Stir to combine and cook until softened.
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
Cheese, cheese and more cheese
Once vegetables have softened, stir in cubed cream cheese. Transfer to a casserole dish or keep the same skillet if oven proof. Leave or strain any excess moisture behind. Top with sliced provolone cheese to evenly cover ground beef mixture. Sprinkle on shredded cheese.
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- ½ cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
Bake until melty
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.