Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
A quick, zesty Italian broccoli cauliflower salad filled with juicy tomatoes, tangy roasted peppers, marinated mozzarella and a crunchy walnut topping. Tossed with a simple vinaigrette, this flavorful side dish is perfect for cookouts, gatherings or even a weeknight dinner since it only takes 10 minutes to assemble.
This fantastic, fresh broccoli cauliflower salad recipe is a go-to for any occasion, but especially during the warmer months of Spring and Summer since, like an anti-pasto salad, this salad doesn’t require any cooking, it’s quick to make, requires minimal prep work, and is bursting with flavor.
Since it’s incredibly easy to makes, only taking 10 minutes to prepare, it’s a great option for busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen or you would rather be spending your Summer evenings on the porch sipping a cool lemonade.
Filled with bright colorful fruits and vegetables, this broccoli salad recipe is loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants and healthy fats. The cruciferous veggies (broccoli and cauliflower florets), tossed with tomatoes, roasted red peppers, tiny cheese balls yield delicious, good-for-you flavor with each bite.
How to make broccoli cauliflower salad
- Mix the ingredients to create a zesty basic vinaigrette that even a novice home cook can manage. Set aside or make the salad dressing the day ahead of time to allow the flavors to meld and come together.
- Chop, drain and dice all ingredients as needed for bite sized morsels. Small florets are ideal for this broccoli salad.
- Toss raw broccoli florets and cauliflower with all salad components.
- Pour in Italian vinaigrette dressing and stir to evenly coat.
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Italian Vinaigrette Ingredients
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Ingredients
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Directions
Make Italian dressing
Add all ingredients for the Italian vinaigrette dressing to a mason jar or small bowl. Shake or stir to combine. Set aside.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
Prepare salad ingredients
Cut broccoli florets, cauliflower florets and roasted red pepper into smaller bite sized pieces if needed. Cut grape tomatoes in half lengthwise. Add broccoli, cauliflower, roasted peppers, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese balls, black olives, parmesan cheese and walnuts to a large bowl.
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 12 oz cauliflower florets
- 12 oz jar roasted red bell pepper
- 1 small can (2.25 oz) sliced black olives, drained
- 2 oz golden or red grape tomatoes
- 12 oz small, marinated mozzarella cheese balls, drained
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
Toss with vinaigrette
Pour on prepared Italian vinaigrette dressing. Toss or stir to evenly coat.