Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
Minimalism and flavor come together to make an effortless meal in minutes and with less than five ingredients. Encased in crispy bacon and smothered in BBQ sauce, these bacon wrapped chicken tenders are the perfect blend of smoky, juicy, tangy flavor in every bite.
This no-fuss recipe for bacon wrapped chicken tenders is what you on a busy weeknight when you don’t have a lot of time, energy or want to drag out a bunch of ingredients to make a meal. This four ingredient recipe uses only chicken tenders, bacon, smoked paprika and your favorite BBQ sauce (plus a little salt and pepper)!
It takes almost no time to put together and the result is an outstanding blend of smoky, tangy flavor that is even kid-friendly!
To get the juiciest chicken and crispiest bacon, cook the BBQ chicken tenders in the air fryer. If you don’t have an air fryer, no worries – an oven will work just fine and those instructions are included in the recipe card.
This easy air fryer meal is ready in less than 20 minutes! All you need is a little bit of sauce to dip the bacon wrapped chicken in. Try some extra BBQ sauce or maybe a bit of ranch. And serve by themselves or on top of your favorite salad.
- How to cook bacon wrapped chicken tenders
- Recipe Details
- Similar recipes others love
- How to remove the tendon from the chicken tenderloin
- Dipping sauces
- Storage information & meal prep tips
- Nutrition information: facts & macronutrients
How to cook bacon wrapped chicken tenders
- Prep the chicken tenderloins – Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Coat each tenderloin with a mixture of smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Wrap the bacon – Wrap each seasoned chicken tender with a slice of thick cut bacon.
- Brush on the sauce – Using a silicone brush, paint each bacon wrapped tender with BBQ sauce.
- Bake or air fry – Cook the chicken tenders in the oven or air fryer.
How long to bake bacon wrapped chicken tenders
How long it takes to bake chicken tenders depends on what type of cooking method is used. Generally, an air fryer will cook food faster, however, limited space is an issue resulting in having to cook multiple batches of baked chicken tenders.
- Air fryer chicken tenders – Add chicken tenders in a single layer in the air fryer basket or tray. Air fry at 400 °F for 10-15 minutes.
- Oven baked chicken tenders – To bake in the oven, place chicken in a single layer on a foil lined baking tray and bake at 425 °F for 25-30 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders Ingredients
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders Directions
Preheat and pat
Preheat air fryer to 400 °F or oven to 425 °F and pat dry chicken tenders using a paper towel.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
Prepare seasoning blend
In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika, salt and black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of the chicken tenders. Press seasoning in to evenly coat.
Wrap in bacon
Starting with the end of a bacon strip, tightly wrap the bacon around the length of the chicken tender from top to bottom.
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
Brush BBQ sauce on all sides of each bacon wrapped tenderloin using a silicone brush or basting brush.
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
Air fryer instructions
Cook in the air fryer at 400 °F for 10-15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 °F and bacon is crispy.
Bake in the oven at 425 °F for 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 °F and bacon is crispy.