A simple way to enjoy pizza in 1 minute
All of the saucy Italian flavors of pizza tossed into a bowl and microwaved. Pizza bowls are an easy, crustless way to satisfy those pizza cravings without having to make a pie!
When you want pizza, you don’t always want to make a pizza or order out. It’s an easy meal when I am short on time. It’s in my top 3 go-to time saving meals along with my bell pepper sandwich and pesto pasta.
The ideal method for making a crustless pizza bowl is to cook it in the microwave. Once you add all of your favorite pizza toppings to a bowl. It only takes about a minute to cook the ingredients and melt the cheese. It comes out bubbly hot and you get the most incredible cheese pull that get your stomach growling on pizza night.
How to make a pizza bowl
- Grab a small bowl or large ramekin.
- Pour in a small amount of marinara or pizza sauce to the bottom of the bowl.
- Add you favorite pizza toppings – pepperoni, cooked sausage, olives, mushrooms, bell peppers.
- Top with shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
- Add a dash of Italian Seasoning.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Pizza sauce – You only need a few tablespoons of pizza sauce or marinara sauce. Tomato sauce can also be used in a pinch. For a white pizza sauce, try using alfredo sauce or even ranch dressing.
- Pizza toppings – Add you favorite pizza toppings – as long as they are pre-cooked. Since we are only microwaving our pizza bowl to melt the cheese, it’s important for the ingredients to be fully cooked for safety and texture. Consider adding pepperoni, salami, black olives, mushroom, cooked Italian sausage, cooked bacon, meatballs, fresh basil, bell pepper and/or onions.
- Cheese – For this recipe, I used shredded mozzarella cheese, but you can add your favorite blend of Italian cheeses like cheddar, Colby Jack, Provolone, Parmesan cheese.
Pizza Bowl Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Pizza Bowl Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons pizza or marinara sauce
- 4 slices pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- dash Italian seasoning
Pizza Bowl Directions
To a small microwave safe bowl or ramekin, add marinara sauce.
- Marinara sauce
Layer in pizza toppings
Add pizza toppings on top of the marinara sauce.
- Sliced olives
Top with cheese
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and add a dash of Italian seasoning.
- Shredded cheese
- Italian seasoning
Microwave 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Bake in an oven proof container under the broiler on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
I love this recipe! I am new here, but this pizza bowl was amazing. I am going to make your deep dish pizza next!
Yeah baby… the whole family was eating pizza bowls last night all with their own ingredients. It was pretty fun and the kids loved it.
When I was kid my buddies and I made pizza this way! It was just a plate, cheese, (sometimes ketchup), and pepperoni and we would microwave it for 45 seconds. This reminds me a lot of that. I guess we have come full circle. Thank you for letting me share my story.
Do you have a sodium count?
It depends on the brand of ingredients you use but mine was 481mg