Keto Steak Fajita Pie
Keto Pie Crust Ingredients
Steak Fajita Filling Ingredients
Keto Steak Fajita Pie Directions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Start by making the keto pie crust. Melt the mozzarella cheese using a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes or in a non-stick skillet over the stove top until melted. To a food processor, add almond flour, egg, baking powder, xanthan gum and melted cheese. Pulse until combined and a dough ball forms. If you don't have a food processor, see suggestions below.
- Place dough into between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll out keto pie dough into a circle until the diameter is 2 inches larger than your pie plate. Remove the top layer of parchment paper. Place pie pan upside down on top the center of the pie crust. Flip upside down so the pie crust lands on top of the pie plate. Remove the parchment paper.
- Press the pie dough into the pie pan. Get rid of excess if needed. Poke holes in the bottom of the crust to allow for air to escape and to prevent the crust from bubbling up when baking. Bake in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes.
- While the keto pie crust is baking, move on to making the fajita filling. Add avocado oil to a preheated large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat, then add bell pepper, onions and left over beef. Saute until the vegetables are slightly softened. Remove from heat and set aside until pie crust has finished baking.
- In a small bowl, add cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded Mexican blend cheese and taco seasoning. Cream together with an electric mixer or a combine with a spoon.
- Remove pie crust from the oven and decrease oven heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. To the bottom of the pie crust, sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese. Using half of the mixture, drop dollups of the cream cheese mix over the base of the pie crust.
- Add the steak and pepper mixture to the pie crust. Then add remaining cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.