Keto Sausage Cheddar Biscuits
A low carb cheddary biscuit you can enjoy any meal
Loaded with flavor, these keto cheddar biscuits are filled with sausage so you can enjoy them as a grab-and-go breakfast or serve alongside your meal.
If you love breakfast biscuits, you will surely fall in love with these keto cheddar biscuits too. Each biscuit is filled with gooey cheddar cheese and savory bits of sausage.
These savory keto biscuits are just as delicious to eat and convenient to make. This biscuit recipe requires a few simple ingredients, takes about 5 minutes of prep and is freezer safe! So you can easily prep these ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week.
What’s more? Similar to keto sausage balls, they are a flavorful, kid-friendly, and versatile snack. And since they are an easy keto make ahead breakfast recipe, they make the perfect keto breakfast when you need something easy to heat up when you are running late in the morning. Or you can pack them in your lunchbox for a delicious keto snack or lunch.
- How to make keto cheddar biscuits
- Recipe Details
- Similar recipes others love
- Keto sausage biscuits: on-the-go meal
- Ingredient substitution
- Storage information
- Nutrition information: facts & macronutrients
How to make keto cheddar biscuits
- Make the biscuit batter – Whisk together eggs, butter, salt and cream cheese. Then stir in coconut flour and baking powder.
- Add fillings for the biscuits – Stir in cooked sausage and cheddar cheese.
- Scoop and bake on a baking tray at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
- Coconut flour – The flour used in this keto sausage biscuit recipe. Coconut flour is used as it does a good job of absorbing liquid from the eggs. If you don’t like the flavor of coconut flour, rest assured, the cream cheese and egg help to decrease the coconut flavor.
- Sausage – Cooked sausage is used in this recipe to add flavor, protein and fat. It is optional and you can omit it if you want just a simple keto cheddar biscuit. Try using other flavors of sausage from Italian sausage to sage sausage.
- Cheddar cheese – The cheese of choice in the recipe for it’s flavor.
Keto Cheddar Biscuits Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Keto Sausage Cheddar Biscuits Ingredients
Keto Sausage Cheddar Biscuits Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Mix together eggs, butter, salt and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
Add the flour and baking powder
Add coconut flour and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Add the meat and cheese
Add cooked sausage and cheddar cheese and mix until combined.
- 1 pound ground sausage, cooked
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Scoop to baking tray
Using a cookie scoop or measuring cup, scoop about 1/4 cup worth of biscuit mixture onto a parchment lined baking tray. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
Let cool on the baking tray for several minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. To freeze, transfer cooled biscuits to a freezer safe bag and freeze. To reheat, wrap frozen biscuit in paper towel and microwave for 45-60 seconds.