Keto Sausage Breakfast Casserole
An easy cheesy keto breakfast casserole that's overflowing with sausage, eggs and flavor. This make ahead low carb breakfast is a hearty option perfect for meal prep and loved by the whole family.
Keto sausage breakfast casserole is a perfect option when you need to feed a crowd first thing in the morning or you want to meal prep an easy keto breakfast recipe for the week. Rather than making eggs and sausage separately, just throw them all together along with cream, cheese and a few other ingredients to make a simple hearty breakfast.
This dish is filled with loads of eggs, sausage, cheese and green onion. Plus, it has a bread like consistency with the help of a little coconut flour; although, you could substitute with oat fiber which adds a earthy oat flavor without adding addition carbs!
Serve with a stack of keto pancakes and bring on the coffee! Get ready to kick start your morning with this delicious, no-fuss keto breakfast casserole!
- How to make keto breakfast casserole
- Recipe Details
- Similar recipes others love
- Storage information & meal prep instructions
- Other easy make ahead keto breakfast ideas
- Nutrition information: facts & macronutrients
How to make keto breakfast casserole
Making a low carb breakfast casserole is easy. That’s why they are ideal for meal prep. It’s a simple way to make days worth of breakfast with just one recipe.
- Cook the sausage – Brown breakfast sausage in a skillet.
- Whisk egg mixture – In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, coconut flour, seasonings, green onions and cheese.
- Add to casserole dish – Stir in cooked sausage and pour into a baking dish. Top with more shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-28 minutes or until egg casserole is set on top.
Key ingredients & substitutions
Since this keto breakfast recipe involves very few ingredients, it comes together fairly quickly. And there are plenty of ways your can customize this base casserole recipe to fit your taste preferences.
- Sausage – Can use any type of sausage. From breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, ground pork, Kielbasa or polish sausages. Even bacon can be used!
- Eggs – A necessary ingredient if you are making an egg casserole. Can substitute with egg whites.
- Cream – Heavy whipping cream gives the best flavor; however, nut milk (like almond milk, coconut milk or macadamia nut milk) can be substituted.
- Coconut flour – Helps to give the keto casserole a bread like consistency so it’s not all eggy textured or flavored. Don’t like coconut flour? Try using oat fiber instead! Add 2 tablespoons.
Keto Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Keto Sausage & Egg Casserole Ingredients
Keto Sausage Breakfast Casserole Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a medium casserole dish with butter or cooking spray.
Over medium-high heat, cook olive oil and sausage in a large skillet until the sausage is cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground sausage
Whisk & mix
Whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Add in coconut flour, baking powder, green onions and shredded cheddar cheese (reserving about ½ cup for the topping). Mix until combined.
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup coconut flour or 2 tablespoons oat fiber
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
Stir & spread
Stir the cooked & cooled sausage to the egg mixture. Spread into the casserole dish. Top with remaining ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350 for 20-28 minutes or until the casserole is golden brown on top and the center is set.