Avocado Deviled Eggs
Creamy, dairy-free version to the classic, Avocado Deviled Eggs provide rich flavor with hints of lime, garlic, cilantro and bacon. These will be a hit at your next gathering or pot-luck!
1 deviled egg
Avocado Deviled Eggs are creamy and dairy-free making them the perfect alternative to traditional deviled eggs if you are looking for a no-dairy option. These deviled eggs with avocado are anything BUT short on flavor as they also contain garlic, cilantro, lime juice, cayenne pepper, and are sprinkled with savory crumbled bacon. This easy recipe is perfect for holiday gatherings or potluck parties.
This avocado deviled egg recipe is healthy and perfectly keto friendly. Since they’re made without mayo, they’re ideal for most diet lifestyles.
You can mash the avocado and other ingredients together or use a food processor to pulse them together. To get beautiful eggs every time, plunge them in an ice water bather after cooking to allow the egg to pull away from the shell. This is what makes peeling a breeze!
- How to make avocado deviled eggs
- Recipe Details
- Similar recipes others love
- Three methods to make hard-boiled eggs
- How to select a ripe avocado
- Storage information
- Nutrition information: facts & macronutrients
How to make avocado deviled eggs
The steps to make this healthy avocado eggs recipe are simple! See the recipe card for the full description.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Then chop on a cutting board.
- Make hard boiled eggs in a saucepan, air fryer or Instant Pot.
- Peel and cut eggs in half lengthwise, remove the yolk and set aside.
- Mash together yolks and avocado until chunky paste forms. Stir in cilantro, lime juice, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper. If the mixture is too thick add a few tablespoons of water or olive oil.
- Fill the eggs with avocado yolk mixture using a piping bag. Garnish with the cooked, crumbled bacon.
Key ingredients & substitutions
- Bacon – Cook the bacon on the stove or in the oven until crispy and chop it up before adding it to this recipe. In a pinch, use bacon bits.
- Eggs – Fresh, large eggs are best for amazing flavor.
- Avocado – Use large, ripe avocados that you can easily mash to make the filling. Using avocado not only provides flavor but it makes our deviled egg filling creamy without having to use mayonnaise.
- Fresh cilantro – Cilantro gives the avocado a distinct guacamole flavor.
- Lime juice – Fresh lime juice or lemon juice brightens up the flavors in this recipe.
- Garlic – Be sure the garlic is fresh and finely minced so there are no large chunks of garlic.
- Cayenne pepper – Make it spicy with cayenne pepper! Substitute paprika if you’d like to take out the spiciness.
Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Avocado Deviled Eggs Ingredients
Avocado Deviled Eggs Directions
Cook & crumbled bacon
Cook bacon in a skillet or air fryer until crispy. Then chop on a cutting board. Set aside.
- 2 slices bacon
Hard boil eggs
Fill the large pot with about 1-2 inches of water (only enough to steam the eggs). Bring the water to a boil. Place the eggs in the water or place eggs in a steam basket into the water. Cover and lower the temperature to a gentle simmer. Let eggs cook for 11 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water. Immediately, shock the eggs in an ice bath. Let them cool completely before peeling.
- 6 eggs
Peel and slice eggs
Peel egg shells off the hard boiled eggs. Then cut eggs in half lengthwise, remove yolk and set aside.
In a small bowl, mash together yolks and avocado until a chunky paste forms. Stir in cilantro, lime juice, cayenne pepper and salt & pepper to taste.
- 6 reserved yolks
- Avocado, peeled & seeded
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Fill the eggs
Use a pastry bag to pipe filling into eggs. Garnish with crumbled bacon.