Keto Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Spice Cake Ingredients
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
Keto Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease three 6 inch cake pans and line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix together cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside. Reserve 1/2 teaspoon of spice mixture for the frosting.
- In a skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat until melted. Continue to cook until the butter starts to brown and has a nutty aroma. Add the spice mixture and cook while stirring for about 15 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter, erythritol, golden monk fruit, and molasses extract. Mix together until combined. Add remaining egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Mix in flour mixture, little by little. Add in buttermilk or yogurt and mix until combined.
- Transfer batter into prepared pans, filling about 3/4 of the way full. Lightly tap the pan against the counter to disodge any air bubbles. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack until ready to frost.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, combine all ingredients and beat until smooth and fluffy. About 5 to 7 minutes. Frost cake once the cake is cooled.