Creamy Pork Chops
Creamy bacon & spinach smothered pork chops
Quick to prepare, this hearty one-pot recipe features juicy pan-seared pork chops enveloped in a creamy Dijon, spinach and bacon sauce. The savory bacon and tangy Dijon kick from these creamy pork chops will have your family coming back for seconds.
1 pork chop
When I first made this pork chop recipe, I made a mistake… I didn’t cook enough pork chops.
Within a few seconds after we gathered around for dinner, everyone was halfway through their chops and exclaiming how delicious these creamy pork chops were. Then, they wanted more!!! But unfortunately, it was all gone, so they had to settle on more roasted asparagus and mashed cauliflower. Don’t repeat my mistake, just double this recipe you are a family of two growing boys and hungry husband!
Why I love this recipe
- One pot wonder – From pan searing the pork chops, to making the creamy sauce, it’s all prepared in the same pan. So that means, less clean up and less dishes at the end of the night!
- Quick, weeknight meal – You’ll have dinner ready in less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
- The sauce – The highlight of this smothered pork chop recipe is this sauce. Juicy pan-seared pork chops are bathed in a creamy Dijon, spinach and bacon sauce. It’s the perfect harmony of smoky bacon, tangy Dijon in a rich gravy. You’ll want to drown each bite of juicy pork chop in it.
How to make creamy pork chops
With a preparation that takes less than 20 minutes, this dish stands as a testimony to the fact that gourmet meals need not be time-consuming affairs.
- Choose your pork chop – Select thin cut, thick cut pork chops, bone out or bone-in pork chops. The cooking time will increase with thick cut and bone-in pork chops.
- Prepare the pork – Pat dry pork chops and season.
- Pan sear pork chops – Sear the pork chops to form a golden crust on each side in a skillet over medium heat. Remove pork chops once cooked through.
- Make creamy sauce for pork chops – Cook chopped bacon in the same skillet until crispy. Remove and set aside. Melt butter in the same skillet and add minced garlic, thyme, heavy cream and Dijon mustard. Cook until thickened.
- Add the veggies – Stir in grated parmesan and spinach leaves. Cook until spinach wilts. Then add back in cooked pork chops and bacon.
As the creamy sauce simmers, it infuses the pork with an irresistibly rich flavor that has everyone reaching for seconds.
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Creamy Pork Chops Ingredients
Creamy Pork Chops Directions
Prepare the pork chops
Pat all sides dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- 24 oz pork chops, boneless
- salt and pepper
Sear the pork chops
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add avocado oil. Evenly space pork chops in skillet ensuring there is about an inch of space between each. Cook for 4-6minutes per side until internal temperature of each pork chop center reaches 140°F. Remove pork chops from the skillet and set aside.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
To the same skillet, add chopped bacon and cook over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon from the skillet to set aside and leave behind the bacon grease in the skillet.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
Add more flavor
To the skillet, melt butter and add minced garlic and dried thyme. Cook for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Make creamy sauce for pork chops
Pour in heavy cream and mustard. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze and mix the delicious brown bits into the sauce. Continue to cook until sauce has slightly thickened.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
Finish the dish
Stir in grated parmesan cheese and spinach leaves. Cook until spinach wilts. Return the cooked pork chops and bacon to the sauce. Coat the pork chops with the sauce and serve immediately.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves