Air Fryer Carrots
A healthy alternative to french fries
Air fryer carrots are turned into healthy carrot fries that are flavorful, cheesy, and fork tender. They're made with fresh carrots, savory seasonings, and parmesan cheese. They're family and kid-approved and a dish the whole family will love!
Air fryer carrot fries are a simple side dish you can serve on a busy weeknight. Just like other vegetable dishes you can cook in the air fryer, like Air Fryer Asparagus or Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, these roasted carrots get perfectly roasted in minutes.
These cooked carrots are a healthy alternative to carb heavy dishes. They’re a great side dish to eat as an appetizer or with a main dish for dinner. If this is your first time making carrot fries, you’re going to love how simple and delicious they are! Prepped, cooked, and ready to eat in just 30 minutes, they’re a great addition to game day or a family meal.
How to cook carrots in the air fryer
To cook carrots in the air fryer, it takes little effort.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F | 200 C.
- Prep your carrots if making carrot fries: Peel and cut carrots lengthwise into strips like fries.
- Season the carrots: Transfer into a large bowl with oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. Toss all together.
- Air fry carrots: Place carrots in the air fryer basket in a single layer if possible, but don’t overload the air fryer. You might need to cook 2-3 batches. Air fry for 12-16 minutes, shaking basket halfway through. Repeat the same with other batches. Top air fried carrots with parsley, more cheese and seasonings if desired.
There are only a few simple ingredients needed to make these seasoned carrots.
- Carrots – Can use baby carrots, rainbow carrots or regular carrots. Peel the carrots before cutting them into long rectangular shapes.
- Extra virgin olive oil – You can also use coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Sea salt – Kosher salt is another great option.
- Black pepper – Freshly ground pepper has the best flavor.
- Garlic powder – A little garlic powder goes a long way in flavoring these carrots or try using freshly minced garlic.
- Parmesan cheese – Freshly grated parmesan cheese adds depth to these carrots. You can leave it out if you prefer a dairy-free option. Or toss with a little crumbled feta before serving.
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Air Fryer Carrots Ingredients
Air Fryer Carrots Directions
Preheat the airfryer to 400 F. Peel and cut carrots lengthwise into strips like fries.
- 1 lb carrots, peeled
Season carrot fries
Transfer carrots into a large bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Toss all together to evenly coat carrot sticks.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Air fry carrots
Add carrots but don’t overload in the air fryer. You might need to cook 2-3 batches. Air fry for 6-8 minutes. Shake the basket and roast carrots for another 6-8 minutes. Repeat the same with other batches. Serve immediately.