Grilled Steak Salad
Marinade & Steak Ingredients
Grilled Steak Salad Directions
- In a small bowl prepared the marinade. Mix together garlic, avocado oil, monk fruit, chile powder, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, sesame oil, and cumin.
- Add skirt steak to a ziplock bag.
- Pour the marinade into the bag with the steak. Shake or rub the bag until the marinade coats the steak. Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat (about 450 degrees). You can also use the broiler function in an oven.
- Just before cooking the steak, prepare the vegetables.
- Add the red onion, mushrooms, and asparagus to a ziplock bag with 2 tablespoons of olive oil plus a ½ teaspoon salt. Rub together until evenly coated.
- Grill the vegetables in a preheated grill basket or wrapped them in aluminum foil and place on the grill. Cook until softened. Remove from grill once cooked. If you don’t have a grill, you can saute them on the stove top until softened.
- While grilling the vegetables, add the marinated skirt steak to the grill and cook about 2-4 minutes per side for a medium rare steak.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile whisk together remaining olive oil and lime juice with a pinch of salt.
- Lay down a handful of greens, a scoop of grilled veggies, sliced steak, and sliced avocado onto a plate. Drizzle with lime vinaigrette.