Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
These keto chocolate chip cookies are just like Grandma used to make
You should always have a great recipe for one of the classics like chocolate chip cookies up your sleeve. It will help you stay on track with your low carb goals during times when you feel like giving in. Besides this recipe, other recipes I reach for when I’m craving comfort sweets are this keto chocolate mug cake and low carb peanut butter cookies.
Keto cookies shouldn’t be complicated with ingredients like gelatin or xanthan gum. That’s why I created this easy keto chocolate chip cookie recipe. It uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your keto pantry.
- How to make keto chocolate chip cookies
- Recipe Details
- Similar recipes others love
- Best combination of keto flours for cookies
- Sugar free chocolate chips
- Storage information
- Nutrition information: facts & macronutrients
How to make keto chocolate chip cookies
- Mix together dry ingredients – almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the softened butter and sugar-free sweetener until fluffy.
- Stir in an egg and vanilla. Then sprinkle in the dry ingredients and keto chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough on a baking sheet and bake!
- Keto flours – In this recipe, I use both almond flour and coconut flour. The combination of the two produces a similar texture to all-purpose flour. Don’t worry. These cookies won’t taste like coconut flour. That flavor is masked from the other ingredients added. If you want a recipe that uses only almond flour, check out my almond flour chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- Leavening agents – Both baking powder and baking soda to help the cookies rise and to give them a distinct flavor.
- Butter – The fat used in this recipe for flavor and moisture. Make sure you are using butter and not margarine.
- Egg – Used to hold the cookie together.
- Sugar free chocolate chips – There are many brands on the market. The brand that I use is by ChocZero. You can save 10% on your order with my code KETOFOCUS. Their chocolate chips are sugar-free and sugar alcohol free. If you don’t have access to keto chocolate chips, you can use a 90% dark chocolate bar. Break it into chunks with a knife.
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Directions
Preheat oven & prepare cookie sheets
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Mix dry ingredients
To a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Mix wet ingredients
In a separate large bowl, cream together softened butter with sugar free sweetener until fluffy using an electric mixer. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Butter (softened)
Mix in dry ingredients and chocolate chips
Slowly mix in dry ingredients. Once combined, stir in chocolate chips.
- Chocolate chips
Scoop and bake
Using a 1 inch cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out a ball of cookie dough and place on the parchment line baking sheet. Flatten the ball down by pressing on the dough with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Space cookie dough about 1 inch apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove cookies from the oven and continue to let sit on the baking sheet for 2-4 minutes. Cookies will continue to harden and bake as they cool. Once cool enough to handle, transfer to a wire rack to cool further.