Keto Chocolate Mousse
A creamy, silky chocolate keto dessert that can be made quickly
For a quick chocolate fix, all you need is 3 ingredients and a couple minutes of time to whip up this thick, velvety keto chocolate mousse.
The best way to satisfy a chocolate craving on the keto diet is to make this keto chocolate mousse. It only takes a few minutes to make and uses ingredients that most people have in their refrigerator or pantry. It’s the perfect solution when you feel like something sweet like a keto dessert – just like my keto cheesecake fluff and my double chocolate cookie for one.
This is an easy way to make chocolate mousse without having to fuss with having to make a pudding or curd from eggs and you don’t have to use cream cheese. This easy keto chocolate mousse is thick, creamy and it’s a low carb dessert that you can make when you need some chocolate in your life. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a hand mixer!
How to make keto chocolate mousse
- Pour heavy cream into a large bowl.
- Mix until the heavy whipping cream begins to thicken.
- Add in cocoa powder, sweetener, vanilla and salt.
- Beat the chocolate mixture until stiff peaks form into whipped cream.
- Pipe or scoop into a bowl and enjoy!
- Heavy cream – The heavy whipping cream is the base for this keto recipe. It is what gives the velvet, mousse-like texture. Using all whipping cream instead of cream cheese allows this recipe to save on carbs too.
- Sweetener – Use a sugar free sweetener like erythritol, allulose or a monk fruit blend. It’s best to use a powdered sweetener to ensure you have a smooth, creamy mousse. Using granulated sweeteners can cause you keto mousse to be graining or gritty.
- Cocoa powder – The cocoa powder gives the chocolate flavor in this recipe. It’s best to select a cocoa powder that is 100% unsweetened and doesn’t contain any sugar. Check the nutrition labels as some do contain added carbs and sugars. Another option is to use melted keto chocolate; however, you must make sure your heavy cream is warmed to room temperature. Using cold cream will solidify your melted chocolate as it is mixed.
- Vanilla – This is an optional ingredient but adds a little bit more flavor to your low carb chocolate mousse.
- Salt – Enhances the sweetness of the mousse without having to add additional sweetener.
Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Keto Chocolate Mousse Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar free powdered sweetener
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- pinch of salt
Keto Chocolate Mousse Directions
Thicken heavy cream
Pour heavy cream into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until slightly thickened.
- Heavy cream
Add remaining ingredients
To the thickened cream, add powdered sweetener, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Powdered sweetener
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla (optional)
It was not sweet enough – kinda had a bitter after-taste.
You can add more sweetener if desired. On keto, the longer you go without sugar, the less you need things sweet. So a little bit of sweetener can taste like a lot.
So fast and yummy.
This is a winner!!! Thank you
I just made this for the first time. Love it. Next time I’ll add crunchy peanut butter.
Can this Keto Chocolate Mousse be made in the NO2 charged canisters?