Keto Chocolate Chip Waffles
A chocolate chip waffle that is a low carb version of a childhood favorite breakfast food. This chocolate chip chaffle is like having dessert for breakfast, but without the sugar!
My kids LOVE chocolate chip waffles. I think it’s their way of eating dessert for breakfast. Now that I’ve come up with a recipe for keto chocolate chip waffles, I don’t have to worry that they are loading up on sugar first thing in the morning. These low carb waffles are actually chocolate chip chaffles – which are cheese and egg waffles.
Chaffles are very popular on the keto diet since it’s a easy way to make a crispy waffle with just a few ingredients that are found in most kitchens. There are many different variations to this breakfast food that you can make like a peanut butter chaffle or a chocolate chaffle.
Top with homemade whipped cream, more chocolate chips and some sugar-free chocolate syrup for the ultimate no-sugar, keto breakfast dessert!
- How to make chocolate chip chaffles
- Recipe Details
- Similar recipes others love
- Keto chaffle substitutions
- Waffle maker
- Keto approved chocolate chips
- Storage information & meal prep instructions
- Nutrition information: facts & macronutrients
How to make chocolate chip chaffles
- Mix the keto chaffle ingredients – egg, shredded mozzarella cheese, almond flour or coconut flour, sugar free sweetener, keto chocolate chips, baking powder, vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour into the waffle maker (either a mini dash waffle maker or larger Belgian waffle iron).
- Cook until golden brown and cripsy.
- Top with fresh whipped cream.
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Chocolate Chip Chaffles Ingredients
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar free sweetener
- 1 tablespoon sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
Keto Chocolate Chip Waffles Directions
Preheat & mix
Preheat waffle maker to medium high heat. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
Pour the batter
Pour the waffle batter into the center of the waffle iron. Close the waffle maker and let cook for 3-5 minutes or until waffle is golden brown and set. Only pour about 1/3 of the batter if using a mini waffle maker.
Remove & repeat
Remove waffle once finished cooking. Repeat with remaining batter if necessary.