Keto Chicken Pesto Pizza
Keto Chicken Pesto Pizza Ingredients
Keto Chicken Pesto Pizza Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 3.5 cups of mozzarella in a microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave for about two minutes until cheese is melted. Stir to combine and make sure all of the cheese is melted. Remove from microwave and let the mixture cool while combining the remaining ingredients.
- In a large separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Set aside.
- Add in your egg to the melted mozzarella cheese. Mix until combined using an electric mixer.
- Slowly add the almond flour mixture to the cheese mixture. Using an electric mixer or food processor, stir until the dough is combined and uniform. Don’t be surprised if dough goes flying if you are using the mixer! The easiest, mess free way is to use a food processor to combine the ingredients. If you don’t have an electric mixer or food processor, I recommend kneading the dough by hand until it comes together. This is a messy and time-consuming process, but the end result is the same - fat head pizza.
- Once combined, form dough into a ball. Knead the dough a couple of times on a lightly almond floured surface to ensure the dough is uniform in appearance and all ingredients are fully combined.
- Place the dough in between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to desired thickness - about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Remove top parchment layer and place on top of a baking sheet.
- Spread the keto garlic sauce and 1 tablespoon of pesto all over the pizza crust.
- Add remaining toppings to the pizza and dab an additional 1 tablespoon of pesto around the pizza.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes or until crust is starting to brown and cheese is bubbly.