Low Carb Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe
Fall just screams pumpkin recipes and holiday desserts! Pumpkins are seen everywhere during Fall, especially around Thanksgiving and Halloween time! With this low carb pumpkin pies recipe, now you don’t have to miss out on the delicious Fall inspired dessert. They’re also miniature in size, so this recipe is great for portion control! You’ll be able to have all of the Fall flavors without the guilt while staying within your carb count! This recipe is also made with ingredients you can easily find in supermarkets, especially around this time of the year.
These mini keto pumpkin pies can be made as an easy keto dessert for parties especially during the holidays when you’re having guests over for Thanksgiving or even Christmas! They will be loved by all guests and no one will even realise they’re low in sugars and carbs!
Is Pumpkin Keto?
A lot of Winter squashes are typically high in carbohydrates. However, pumpkin contains lower amounts of sugar and starch than other varieties of squashes, making it a keto friendly food. A cup of pumpkin puree typically has 12 grams of net carbs. If you’re using store bought pumpkin puree, make sure to buy the kind with no added sugars as sugars will make it much higher in carbs and thus, it will no longer be keto friendly.
Pumpkins have a lot of nutritional benefits in them, so your dessert will be on the healthy side as well! They’re a good source of protein, magnesium, copper and zinc. Pumpkins are also high in Vitamin A, E, C and B, making them great for healthy skin, the immune system, good eye health and for protection against sun damage.
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
These mini pumpkin pies are crustless, so you can enjoy the filling of pumpkin pie without the carbs typically coming from the crust! Since the pie has no crust, it just melts in your mouth and makes it lighter on the stomach. This is great especially if you’ve just had quite a big meal before.
You’ll Love these Mini Keto Pumpkin Pies Because…
- They’re great for portion control - Especially when you just want the taste of something sweet but don’t want a big dessert. These mini portions make it easier to stay within your macro goals for the day.
- Kids love them! - They’re kid friendly which means you can make 1 dessert for the whole family.
- They’re perfect for holiday parties - No need to miss out on the pumpkin desserts this year!
- They’re crustless - Making them lower in carbs and this also means they’re less of a hassle to make and eat.
- Easy to make - The ingredients used are very easy to find in supermarkets and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare them! All you need to do then is wait for them to bake and get ready to eat them!
- Don’t take as long to cook - Since they’re miniature in size and crustless, they take even less to bake than normal pumpkin pie.