Keto Soufflé Pancakes
Ultra-thick keto pancakes
The ultimate fat stack of fluffy pancakes, keto soufflé pancakes are thick, spongy and ready to soak up that melted butter and maple syrup.
1 2" pancake
Lazy weekend mornings wouldn’t be right without pancakes, that’s why I have so many keto pancake recipes on this site. From pumpkin pancakes, chocolate pancakes, to my basic keto pancake recipe, there is something for everyone!
If you are looking for thick, fluffy pancakes, then this keto souffle pancake recipe is for you. This pancake recipe uses a combination of key ingredients and methods to creating a towering puffy pancake similar to a souffle.
Besides the obvious mix of eggs and leavening agents to help these low carb pancakes rise, we use a biscuit cutter as a mold to hold in the pancake batter to keep it from spreading. As the pancakes cook in the mold, they puff up and create an ultra thick pancake. It’s perfect for soaking up all of your sugar free maple syrup.
How to make keto pancakes
- Add your ingredients to a blender. Cream cheese, eggs, heavy cream or nut milk, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder and vanilla.
- Blend until smooth.
- Preheat a griddle to low heat. Spray with cooking oil. Add cooking spray to a biscuit cutter. Line the inside of the biscuit cutter with a ring of parchment paper. Place the ring on the griddle.
- Scoop pancake batter into the biscuit cutter, cover the a pot or domed shaped lid, and let cook for 8-10 minutes or until the top looks set and you can easily slide off the ring.
- Flip the keto pancake and let cook for 30-60 seconds longer.
Key ingredients & equipment
- Cream cheese – Cream cheese is added to provide moisture and to neutralize the eggy flavor from our egg based pancake mixture.
- Eggs – One of the key ingredients to help these low carb pancakes rise. Since keto pancakes don’t have gluten, they aren’t able to form a necessary protein structure that wheat based pancakes yields. Eggs provide that protein to puff up our soufflé pancakes.
- Coconut flour – The flour used to provide substance to our pancakes. Coconut flour is preferred over almond flour since almond flour tends to burn easier.
- Sweetener – Added for flavor; however, this can be omitted.
- Heavy cream or nut milk – Liquid to thin out the batter, heavy cream or use your favorite nut milk (almond milk, macadamia nut milk, coconut milk)
- Baking powder – Another key leavening agent to help the pancakes rise.
- Vanilla – A flavor enhancer.
- Griddle – A griddle is preferred over a non-stick skillet as the heat is better controlled with a griddle. You are able to successful cook your soufflé pancakes at low heat for a longer period of time.
- Biscuit cutters – Used as the form to hold our pancake batter in place to form a thick pancakes as it cooks.
Fluffy Keto Pancakes Recipe Video
With 100s of videos and millions of views, Ketofocus is one of the most popular Keto channels on YouTube.
Keto Soufflé Pancakes Ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup sugar free sweetener
- 1/2 cup nut milk or heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- biscuit cutters
Keto Soufflé Pancakes Directions
Make pancake batter
To a blender or food processor, add cream cheese, eggs, coconut flour, sweetener, nut milk or heavy whipping cream, baking powder and vanilla. Blend or pulse until smooth.
Preheat griddle to low heat. Spray with cooking oil. Coat the inside of each biscuit butter with cooking spray and line with a ring of parchment paper. Place on the griddle.
Add pancake batter
Scoop pancake batter into each ring. Add enough to fill about halfway up. Cover with a pot or dome shaped lid and let cook for 8-10 minutes.
Pancakes are ready to flip when the edges look set on top. Remove the biscuit cutter and flip. Let cook for 30-60 seconds on this side. Remove and repeat with remaining batter.
Can you skip the biscuit cutter and just pour these on a griddle like normal pancake (I realize they would be as fluffy)?
Yes, they would turn out more like a regular pancake
I made these last week and they are fabulous! Great taste and texture. Seem like a cheat, it’s so good!