The Best Keto Sugar Cookies
Keto Sugar Cookies Ingredients
Keto Royal Icing Ingredients
The Best Keto Sugar Cookies Directions
- 1Sift together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. This creates a finer texture for keto cookies. I highly recommend you don't skip this step.
- 2In large bowl, cream together the butter and powdered erythritol until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in vanilla and almond extract if using. Then beat in eggs.
- 3Add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Place dough into between two pieces of parchment paper and flatten down to a small disc shape. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. May store in freezer in a ziploc bag for later use too.
- 4Keeping the dough between the parchment paper. Lay down a wet paper towel and place the dough and parchment paper on top. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness between the two sheets of parchment paper. Refrigerate for additional 20 minutes.
- 5Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 6Remove the top piece of parchment paper and cut out shapes. Place on a parchment lined baking tray about 1.5 inches apart. Bake until starting to get golden brown around the edges, about 8-9 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Decorate with keto royal icing once completely cooled.
- 7To make keto royal icing, combine 1 cup powdered erythritol, egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Remove 1/3 of the icing into a smaller bowl and add remaining 1/4 cup powdered erythritol. Whisk until slightly thicker than original icing mixture. Use the first batch of icing to flood the inside of the cookies with icing and the second thicker batch to outline the cookie. Add icing batches to two seperate piping bags. Using the thicker icing, pipe the borders of your cutout cookie. Then using the thinner icing, flood the inside of the outline.