Keto Chicken Pot Pie Turnovers
Pot Pie Mixture Ingredients
Keto Chicken Pot Pie Turnovers Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shred cooked chicken or cut into cubes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme and chopped mushrooms. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in coconut flour. Whisk in broth and continue to cook until mixture is thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken, turn heat to low.
- Stir in cream cheese and cook until cream cheese is melted. Turn off heat.
- Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fathead crust. Heat mozzarella cheese in glass bowl at 60 second intervals until cheese is melted.
- Beat eggs into the melted cheese using an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond flour, baking powder and xanthan gum.
- Slowly add almond flour mixture to the cheese and beat until combined.
- Knead dough on a lightly almond floured surface to further combine.
- Working with half the dough, place dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle shape to a ¼ inch thickness.
- Using the tip of a knife or pizza cutter, cut the edges off the dough to form a rectangle. Cut the dough into 9 small rectangles.
- Scoop a spoonful of chicken pie filling onto each rectangle and fold over. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush the tops of the dough with egg wash (beaten egg + 1 tablespoon water).
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 17 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown.